Maro’s Vegan Soup
If you’re looking for a recipe minus the 10 page essay here you go!
What you will need:
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 big onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 Potatoes 1/2 inch diced
- 1 Parsnip chopped
- 2 leeks cut in half and slice in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cabbage thin sliced and chopped in bite size pieces
- Navy beans
- Cup of Corn
- String beans chopped
- Cup of sweet peas
- 6-8 ounces crushed tomatoes
Start with 1/3 cup of olive oil in a large pot - sauté onions and celery first. Then start to add the rest of the vegetables. ( leave the cabbage, potatoes, sweet peas, and corn for last.)
Add the tomatoe sauce and combine with all the veggies.
Stir and add warm water (10 cups).
Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Crushed pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Dash of cayenne
- Pepper flakes to your liking
Add cabbage, potatoes, sweet peas, and corn last.
Cook for an additional 15 minutes!
Add Parsley (1/2 cup) cook for 5 more minutes.
Voila + Enjoy 👩🍳